- Batman Week on Twitter; Plus Wonder Woman's Motion PosterNovember 1, 2017
- Movie Review: THOR: RAGNAROKNovember 1, 2017
- Kingpin Will Return in The Third Season of Netflix's DaredevilOctober 26, 2017
- Superhero Pumpkin Ideas for Halloween 2017October 26, 2017
What We Know So far About The Hellboy Reboot
August 31, 2017 By Holly Clarkson
Despite Ron Perlman’s and fans enthusiasm for a third Hellboy movie to make the movie a trilogy, it seems the idea has been indefinitely scrapped and a reboot is due next year.
News is coming in every other day of a new cast member as well as the story. We currently know that David Harbour, known mainly from him role in the Netflix series ‘Stranger Things’ will be taking on Hellboy himself and it will be Directed by Neil Marshall. The movie was originally going be called ‘Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen’ but has since been shortened to just ‘Hellboy’.
Other cast news includes a casting and then then change of casting of Deadpool villain Francis aka Ed Skrein. Milla Jovovich has been cast as the villain which we can assume will be based on Nimue aka Queen of Blood, which we can connect by the original working title. She is said to be a powerful Witch who dated back to the reign of King Arthur and was cut in to pieces by other witches and scattered over the world to stop her from destroying and taking over. Penelope Mitchell has been cast as Ganeida the Witch, who could be playing one of said witches.
Did I mention that this is said to be R-Rated?
The writer for the reboot Andrew Cosby, has opened up about the intensity of the R-rating and it looks to not disappoint fans who enjoy the darker Hellboy we’ve read in comics:
“I can’t really talk about specifics with regard to the story, which they’re keeping a pretty tight lid on at the moment, but I can say that this is a darker, more gruesome version of Hellboy. Neil said from the very beginning that he wanted to walk a razor’s edge between horror and comic book movie, which was music to my ears, because that’s what I was shooting for in the script, and precisely what Mignola does so well with the comics.”
Mike Mignola, creator of the Hellboy comics, has also opened up about his excitement for this darker reboot of his beloved character:
“Where Hellboy II: The Golden Army was a light fantasy film, this will be very much darker – close to a horror film,” said Mignola.
“I’ve met some people doing pre-production, and I visit the person doing the creature effects. I’m very happy with what I’ve seen so far: I give them my two cents, then get out of the way. But I’m very happy they’re asking my opinion, and giving me opportunities to solve certain creative problems.”
It’s good to hear that they are taking on board Mignola’s thoughts and opinions when it comes to this film. He has also done their first bit of concept art. It’s said to have a release date sometime next year.
Previous ArticleJared Leto Speaks Out about Talk of Him Finished as Joker